Saturday, July 14, 2012

How I Know God Speaks THROUGH Me

The fact that God spoke to me through songs only became more clear to me as I got older. I remember once in my mid-teenage years a song popped into my head. I never recorded it or even sang it anywhere publicly, but I showed the song to my mother. The lyrics say:

Healing. Healing in my mind (2x) By Your stripes I'm healed, in my mind I'm healed, by Your stripes I am healed (2x)
Then the song repeats and replaces the word "mind" with other words such as "body", "heart", "life", etc. When I showed my mom that song she didn't say much. She just said it was nice. Then a little while after she told me that she thinks God made me sing that song for her.

Now anytime someone tells me something like that, or when people start crying when I tell them something/when I pray for them, I always wonder if they're just being overly-spiritual and deep. Because to me... it's not that big of a deal and to them, they are fully convinced they just had some type of divine intervention from God. 

Nonetheless, this sort of thing kept happening to me here and there throughout my life. As a matter of fact, as little as three days ago, I visited a church that I used to lead praise and worship at. Before the preacher began to preach he asked me to come sing a song. So, I got up and attempted to do so. Now, if I be honest, the reason I stopped leading worship at that church was not a very pleasant one and two of the ladies who contributed to the unpleasantry were in attendance. One of them was sitting very, very, very near to the front.

I'm not saying this to give you insight on the drama that occurred in my life, but I'm saying this to show you how badly I just wanted to worship my Father and sit down. I was not interested in leading other people into worship. None of that deep stuff. I had to have a quick intimate moment with my Father because that's what I was asked to do, but after I finished singing I quickly handed over the microphone and sat down. When I returned to my seat everyone began worshiping God with no prompting to do so from me nor the preacher. I was thinking Did I just sing the National Anthem like Whitney Houston or something?! Mind you, vocally and technically speaking I performed far, far below average.

Then after the service was over, my sister told me something very strange. She said that while I was singing there were people in the congregation that were crying! I asked her, "Crying? Just like crying as you worship?". And she told me one of them was seriously tearing up and crying, crying... like really crying.

That was weird to me because I can't say I was trying to make anyone feel anything. However, when God wants to use you to speak to someone, He will do so. 

It's very beneficial for you realize what gift God has imparted in you. The gift that is effortless to you. The gift that is not that big of a deal to you, but that everyone does not have. More than likely that gift is what God uses to speak to and through you.



Please Visit & "Like" my new Facebook Page. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment