Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hearing God's Voice in Intercession

I wouldn't want to have you think I'm completely ignorant in the area of hearing the voice of God. As a matter of fact, maybe about a month ago I was at a friend's church and the pastor asked for everyone to find someone in the congregation, pray for them and have them pray for you. I went to a young lady, maybe in her late 20's who was sitting right next to me and told her to pray for me first. If I be honest, I wasn't even paying attention to what she was saying because as she prayed for me I stilled myself and asked God to put an impression in my mind of what to pray for, for his daughter. As she prayed, the word debt came into my mind and as I tried to seek after God for other things to pray for as well, all that stood out in my mind was the word "debt". 

So, when it was my turn to pray, I prayed for her family and for her joy and then I began to pray for her finances. Then I took a mental deep breath and began to pray for debt cancellation and other things pertaining to debt. I began to proclaim prosperity over her life and decree that the word of God says she should lend and not borrow. 

Well, when I finished praying, the girl literally left the room and walked over to the area where the bathroom was. When she came back her eyes were so red and her face was so puffy it was clear she was crying. But it was almost as though she was wiping her eyes to try to make it seem as though she wasn't crying and, in the process, made her eyes even more red!

It was weird to me because in my limited understanding, prior to praying for her, I thought in this day and age it seems as though almost EVERYONE is faced with a debt of some sort. Debt isn't exactly the worst thing to have in America. So, I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but God knows all and He alone knows why He wanted me to pray for that young lady's debt.


Please Visit & "Like" my new Facebook Page. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment